The IV International Scientific Conference “Comparative Historical-Philological Research in the XXI Century” will be hosted by the Ural Federal University from the 20th to the 22nd of March 2024. The conference will be held in a hybrid format, both online and in person.
The following topics will be discussed at the conference:
- Literary comparative studies in the modern age: theory and practice. Problems with reception of translated works in an accepting culture
- History and modern life: the meaning of jubilees in 2023-2024.
- Children’s fiction in intercultural interactions
- The “young adult fiction” phenomenon in modern literature
- Modern linguistic research in the comparative aspect. Translation as intercultural communication
- The problems of didactics in a intercultural aspect.
A round table discussion, featuring translators and publishers will be held during the conference. Tours of the Ural Federal university’s museums as well as a tour of Yekaterinburg will be provided for the conference’s participants.
The working languages of the conference are Russian and English.
Further information on the event can be found in the document via the following link.